The new childcare subsidy will commence in July 2018 and will result in a number of changes for families as follows:
- The new Child Care Subsidy (CCS) will replace the current Child Care Benefit (CCB) and Child Care Rebate (CCR)
- CCS will be paid directly to service providers
- There will only be one single payment rather than multi-payment system (CCB & CCR)
- The current CCR is capped at $7500. CCS offers higher annual subsidy cap of $10,190 for families earning more than $186,958 to below $351,248.
Click here for online estimator and find out more about what you may be entitled to.
What to do next:
- Create myGov account and link your myGov account to your Centrelink online account
- You will receive a Call to Action letter from Centrelink from April 2018 onwards outlining further instructions. Sample Letter from Centrelink
- Go to your myGov account and follow the instructions as soon as possible after receiving the letter. Complete your Child Care Subsidy assessment or Child Care Subsidy claim form.
Department of Education and Training – 1300 566 046